As much as I rave and rant about different lip products, the true test and best value for money, are your most used lip products. The ones that are always in your handbag, that one you accidentally left in your car that melted and your heart broke, and that one that went through the wash and you accidentally lost it for 3 months.
This post is a collaboration with some of my local fellow beauty bloggers. Meet Amy from Noise in Wonderland and Tegan from Permanent Procrastination. Just like wine, talk of top lip products is best with friends, so make sure you check out their posts here and here, respectively (because they are sharing their favourite lip products too!).
Most Used Lip Products
I’m going to go through all three most used lip products and share why I’ve ended up using them the most!
Natio Lip Shine in Rose Bud – RRP $14.95
- Very comfortable formula
- More sheer than my other lipsticks so quick and easy to apply (usually applied quickly using my car mirror before I rush to go class/ a meeting/work)
- Suits my skin tone (I’ve received compliments when only wearing this lipstick and no other makeup!)
- Encouraging words on packaging! With the ‘makeup junkie’ label, and having the connotation of not liking the way I look without makeup (not true!), it’s nice to see makeup encouraging loving yourself
- There is also another shade in the range which is perfect for fairer skinned girls
- Realising that small price tag is like finding a local cafe that makes nice tasting Chai tea/lattes, unlike most that make it taste like actual dirt (not joking)
- Negs: Limited Edition, so go buy it now! Most chemists have it in the bargain bin, but can still buy online via. David Jones.
MAC Prep and Prime Lip – RRP $33
- I use this so darn regularly to moisturise my lips before applying lipstick!
- Nice waxy formula, compared to other lip balms, providing the perfect base for applying lip products, whilst still keeping your lips moisturised (scrub your lips, then apply this product, and BAM almost any lip product will apply better)
- This is my second one (saving my used up one for back2MAC)
- Negs: Be careful when applying under some liquid lipsticks, like the Rimmel Provocalips, because it tends to mess with the formula and result in a crumbly mess (this may have happened at one of my engagement parties, GAH. Also, not divorced, just had two parties to accommodate our friends in two very far apart areas of NSW).
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – RRP $39.00
- The formula is so flipping amazing. Very comfortable and wears evenly.
- The opaqueness is more on the sheerer side, but builds up to intense colour if desired. This is great because it gives you some options when applying this product
- Long lasting
- Negs: Burns my soul to sharpen it cause it feels like you’re wasting product and the price tag causes my asian brain to migraine if I think about it too long.
Would love to know your what your most used lip products are. Share in the comments!
If you’re a blogger, do check out Ingrid’s fab link up here!